Sunday, August 12, 2007

Learning what I missed to enjoy

This is not any sort of introspection of my past. Just that I realized something 'dé·jà vu'.
...... When I was working with Selectica, everyday I used to check my clock to record the travel time to office from home. Lesser the commuting time, I used to feel more challenged (??? ;-))

....... By that time I had just learned to swim. I used to set a mark on the other bank of the tank and used to record the time to cover the distance in shortest possible time. Again challenged (??? ;-))

Slowly after few days I realized that it is not fun of driving so fast or swimming so fast. I am missing the point to enjoy the journey. I started driving and diving(?) slowly (sorry!!! it was not equivalent of dragging - it was normal pace), while driving I started observing people around me. Then I watched them at the signal, how most people become race runner. It was fun watching 'those' people, some days back I was also one of them. I started looking around, bazaar, banners, Bolds & Beautiful, and realized that -yes- really serious and funny things happens around and we don't notice because we are running behind something for almost nothing.

Now when I have landed on this campus, I again realized that I am undergoing the same phase of getting carried along with the fast pace of this place, then come the day, I felt that this is not something what I enjoy the most or what I want the most out of this place, I sat back for some time, started moving around the campus, started talking to my friends on campus, calling up my school friends, colleagues, family, etc. More important is I realized that it is required to have 'Bigger Picture' out of whatever I am looking/understanding currently.

Cheers,
:D


Post to be completed ...

No comments:

Post a Comment